Thursday, December 30, 2010

Last Minute Angel...

The year 2010 is winding down quickly now and I am ready for it to be over and to make room for a new and prosperous 2011. Not only for DH and myself, but for many others that need a new beginning and an uplifting year. It was my pleasure to step-in and do one last angel square assignment for my Baker's Dozen group. It was mailed today, so I made it before the end of 2010. DH gave me a book on cables for Christmas and I used one of those stitch patterns to create the square. It was nice to use my new gift and I think DH was happy to see me enjoying the gift as well.

Yarn: Loops & Threads - Claret and Pumpkin
Being a part of this online virtual knitting group has been a huge delight for me this year as we have no knitting groups in my 3-D world. That will not always be the case as I plan to begin a new group in mid-January. I've been meeting many knitters in my local area and they are all excited  to have a place to chat and knit and just be. I think that idea of just having a place to be is almost a greater attraction and binding agent than the knitting. In the end I know new friendships will be formed and lives will be enhanced.

Well, must head off to sleep now. Pleasant dreams everyone- may visions of sticks and string dance in your heads and bring peace and joy to you all....

The Green Girl.

No comments: