Monday, August 23, 2010

It's Not Easy Being Green.......


Or so Kermit said in his famous song. Well, the Green Girl now has a green hand. It seems that I have a bit of tendinitis in my right hand. Actually about a 1/2 inch below the middle finger on the palm of my hand. I went to open a door and thought someone had stabbed a needle through my hand - the next morning (Saturday) I couldn't even touch that one very sensitive spot. Have been on Arthritis strength Tylenol (1 tab every 6 hours) for two days. Then this little compression glove was recommended and it's doing a great job. I was surprised as I'm typically very careful to be nice to my hands since I have had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands many years ago. However, I've noticed that since my cancer surgery three years ago, little aches and pains creep up on me out of the blue. Thank goodness they tend to creep away again just as quickly. Somewhere in the back of my mind I keep hearing my surgeon say that my body aged 20 years the day of my surgery. That would make me 67 rather than 47 so I suppose little aches and pains should be expected. Bummer!! Then again, I'm here and that's what matters. So for now I will be the Green Girl with the green hand. Move over Kermit - let's sing a duet...... This too shall pass.

Lesson to all: Don't deny the physical pains you may feel from repetitive stress - just do what you need to in order to get better.

Peace and joy to you all.....
The Green Girl

No comments: