Monday, August 30, 2010

In Sync.....


Well the weekend is over and I got nothing accomplished, I feel slightly like a wrung out dish rag. There was no syncopation to my actions, no rhythm, not a blasted coordinated effort to be found. I didn't get the laundry finished (only three loads - 5 to go.) I just couldn't open the laundry room door - it was like the beast on the other side was laying in wait for me. "Come into my lair little green girl.... See what awaits you... (insert evil cackle here.)" I shudder still to even think about it, but I will have to brace myself and go there this evening. {shudders}

The main knitting project I had on the agenda was to get two angel squares done for a recipient in California. I have been working so hard on the Fall collection ( and I had a little bit of flu last week) that it was admittedly hard to break that thread of concentration and move on to the squares. I need to get them into the mail today and I still have 30 rows to go. Why, you might ask should it take me so long to knit two 12x12 squares when I can usually whip one out in about 4 hours. That's a good question and the answer is this.....knit a row, see that I did the wrong pattern, rip out the row.....knit eight stitches and have them all fall off the needle and unravel at the same time (wicked slippery needles).....and on this went all weekend long. My hands and head were just not on the same page. So, I tell DH that if he wakes up in the middle of the night and notices that I'm not in bed (this isn't so strange as since global warming hit me - insomnia has been it's bosom companion) that I'm in the studio knitting away to finish these squares. As you can see by the previous information, I failed. Failure is a big word, perhaps that's too harsh. Technically I still have 7 hours to knit 30 rows. I should be able to do that. Right???? In between working and people thinking they can have my time for their important issues, I should be able to squeeze in 30 rows. Lunch time will play an important role in today's agenda for just that purpose.
Now, although I'm not done with the squares and the laundry still looms like a Montana thunder storm over my head, the muse did whisper a little something in my ear that had me writing down details so that I will remember to take on yet another project when this one is finished (along with knitting chemo caps, finishing the design work for the Fall collection, making the snugly sleeping bag for my nephew and knitting a sweater for my two year old niece all in the next two weeks and these are just my knitting projects - let's throw in the rest of life for good measure.) The squares I have noticed will make a heavenly knitted blanket and the colors are in the fall color palette. So, In reality, I have at least 15 more of these squares to make or one giant one (havne't decided yet.) So, it's kind of like a two for one. Gal in California gets her two squares, someone gets a lovely blanket for the holidays.
So, hopefully I'm in sync today (it is the beginning of a new week after all) - nothing like a ticking deadline to start off a Monday...

Peace and joy to you all......
The Green Girl

No comments: