Thursday, October 14, 2010

Just Not This World...

Well, yesterday I blogged about living in a world of kindness, helpfulness, love and peace. Ha - again, HaHa!!! It would seem that I was off my meds when I thought such a thing as it was made brutally clear last evening that this is not the world in which we live.

As you may have read in previous blogs, my DH and I do some acting with the local community theater group. Great people all around! However, the theater that we perform in is in what was once a lovely, gentile part of town. That has changed, it is now a gang filled, thug ruled, gun shooting haven!!! And last night when he was coming out of rehearsal, DH husband found that his rear windshield had been shot out. Completely and utterly destroyed. To make matters worse the father of a cast member experienced an attempted car jacking earlier that evening (probably by the same group that damaged DH's car.) The police refuse to come and take a report as no one was actually shot. I guess if they were laying in a pool of blood in the parking lot, they might have sent out a cruiser. I am so thankful that no one was injured, but I am angry (spitting nails, blue air, let me at'em angry.) This is the country for goodness sake, not the inner city projects. Where the hell is Dragnet when you need them (yes I'm dating myself, use your own police adjective instead - you get the idea.) I was told to put on a pair of gloves and sift through the glass to try and find the bullet. Really! I mean Really!!! You've got to be putting me on - I'm now doing the police departments investigative work. Perhaps I'll send  them a bill for my services. Grrr..... And even worse is that there have been other crimes at this theater in past (before we ever arrived.) Honestly, freaking, honestly!!! Grrr........

I'm not trying to make any kind of point in this blog today, I just needed to vent my anger. I have not been able to knit as my hands are all twitchy and I ended up ripping back the test scarf I'm working on four times. Grr..... I try to tell myself to be calm, calm, but so far no go. Nope - not happening. Okay - that's all I feel like writing at the moment. Not a great blog, but sometimes you gotta vent. Pass the wine, please.

Peace and joy to you all....hopefully a dose of safety from your local police force...
The Green Girl.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank goodness no one was hurt. Maybe it's God way of letting everyone know to keep their heads up and be aware of their surroundings. Something wicked this way comes, you just never know what the future holds.
Aunt Debbie

Greengirl said...

An Update: It seems that a third car was shot as well - a female cast member's vehicle had that door shot. We found two high powered pellet gun bullets in DH's car when the glass repair folks came to replace the window.