Friday, October 15, 2010

If....

If - by Rudyard Kipling

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;  
 
Of course this poem goes on for several more stanzas, but I had to put this out there today to remind myself that being civil and kind is worth the bone tiring effort that it sometimes take. I'm not at all angry with anyone or surprised by the actions of others, but I'm weary of putting forth the effort. For instance - you make a comment and you preface it by saying this not a complaint, just a query and suggestion. And then POW - right in kisser - the peevish replies start being hurled at you. You call customer service to get a little update on something and POW - a blow to the gut - they have never even heard of you and honestly can't be bothered to help you out. And the list goes one and in every scenario you remind yourself, be calm, be civil, go with the flow, maybe they've had a bad day. I get all that- really I do, but for me today it's exhausted me. So, I went looking for a little something to remind that regardless of my personal treatment, I must rise above and continue to be civil and kind. Even if it bloody well kills me. Mr Kipling's lovely poem did the trick (and if it's good enough for Bridget Jones, it's good enough for me.) ;>) 
 
I have taken the morning away from the office in order to wait for the glass repairman and although he is technically still on time - his time runs out in 24 minutes. They did send a confirmation e-mail this morning with the tech's  picture and qualifications. I thought that was a nice touch. So, some civility reigns still. 
 
I'm taking this time off to get some organization done in the studio - it looks like a hurricane has swept through here over the past couple of weeks. And in the end I really do better in a clean/organized environment. 
 
Deadline for collection is now officially pushed back. Too much life screaming for my attention, not enough life willing to let me be creative and have my own time. I'm considering publishing these pieces individually rather than as a booklet so I can get them out as they are finished.  I'd appreciate any comments on that. Part of the proceeds for each piece will still go to St Jude Children's Hospital.

OK - so that you know I live in a crazy world like all of you, the picture for today will be a look at the studio now in it's hurricane tossed glory.
 
  And now to top off the day, blogger isn't allowing me to position my pictures side by side. I give, I give!!!!

Peace and joy to you all...
The Green Girl.










No comments: