Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sanctuary.....



Well - I started the big clear out at 9:30am and finished at 9:30pm (I even got a nap in this afternoon for 40 minutes.) My office/workout/knitting/craft/you name it room is done. Don't ask to look in the closet - although neat, it's full - mainly with the stash and some off season clothes. I was even able to get my favorite chaise inside the room.


This is actually the second largest of the three bedrooms in our home, but now it's all mine! Dave's office is next door in the smaller bedroom (He asked for that room, honest.) Now we both have our own space to work. About time, too.. We shared a home office for about 17 years and now we are both thrilled to each have our own space. Oh, I'll still knit in the family room and such ( I'll even read in Dave's leather chair in his office, it's very comfy), but this is my own space to be alone and create. I love it, love it, love it.!!!

The pictures show my space to knit, my space to work, my space to exercise (bigger than the picture shows) and the muse. If you see the pictures behind my desk, that it the muse. I hear you saying, "They are all different." Yep , they are - you see the muse comes in different forms, so the art work reflects that. Earlier in the week the muse and I were not good terms, but that may be because she wanted this space as much as I did. Now that the room is complete she's back! In fact she's sitting in that chaise playing with some of my new sock yarn. Oh well, I guess I'll be casting on a pair of socks tonight.

Peace and joy to you all....
The Green Girl...

No comments: