Saturday, July 17, 2010

Just a Lazy Day!

Today is Saturday and I am hereby sanctioning this as a lazy day.I didn't get to sleep until 3:30 this morning. Nope, I was not out partying and whooping it up, I was writing. Serious writing on a paper and I'm not even happy with the draft yet. Ugh!! You know I can't imagine what writers did before the computer, the amount of paper and typewriter ribbon wasted must have been immense. On top of that,I have been having nightmares for three weeks straight. So when I finally went to bed I had four hours of non-stop nightmares. Oh joy - "Let's celebrate this." It's not that the dream is so completely ghastly, but rather parts of it are worrying and the dream goes on and on and on, forever and ever and ever. I can't wake-up and shake myself out of the dream state. Very annoying! I just have to ask myself what my brain is trying to work out and why can't it do it during the daylight hours. Some of us need sleep!!!
Oh I have the laundry going (otherwise we end up at work naked - just not a pretty picture.) I will at some point run the dishwasher with dishes that we use today and I may even clean the kitchen floor (let's be honest, most likely that will not happen until tomorrow.) However, the rest of the day is for reading, sleeping (cat naps probably 5-10 minutes,) watching the Food Network in the background and knitting. I'm about to start the second panel for the baby blanket I'm making and I'd like to get the scarf from last weekend finished so I can block it.

So, enjoy your weekend and feel free to adopt the lazy day scenario for your own.

Peace and joy to you all....
The Green Girl....

No comments: