Friday, July 16, 2010

We're Having a Heat Wave.....

It has been hot here in the Chicago land area for the last couple of weeks. I don't mean warm, I mean HOT! 90+ degrees each day, humidity that makes you want to run naked in the sprinklers. Now, when I lived in Seattle, we had days like these. typically about 4-5 a year, but no humidity. It was still hot and we had no AC just fans, but we survived. Here in the Midwest we have AC to keep us from melting into a pool and running out under the door. They are pretty smart here in the Midwest.

Now there is another problem. It's the AC - it's freezing inside! Even if you set the temperature to nice 74-75 degrees, it's still cold inside. I know this must have something to do with the wide difference in temp between inside and outside, but honestly nothing feels just right.

In order to fix this problem, I have taken out my Winter wool for knitting. I've actually put the lovely cottons away. There is no warmth in the cotton, but the wool on the other hand keeps me toasty. So, someone is getting a lovely wool blanket for the holidays because I have started to knit said blanket to stay warm while I'm inside on the hot 90+ degree days. After the blanket I'll start on someone's sweater, etc... If this heat doesn't break soon I'll have all the holiday knitting completed before Labor Day. That will truly be a first!


Peace and joy to you all,

The GreenGirl

  • Posted on: Thu, Jul 8 2010 3:01 PM

No comments: