Saturday, May 7, 2011

Nothing Like a Good Yarn....

Now, I could mean "a yarn" as in a story, but you all know better. Of course I mean that lovely fiber that knits into all kinds heavenly soft fashions, socks, hats, blankets, etc.... And we all know there is nothing better than a good sale - combine a sale with yarn and what do you get - a very happy Green Girl!!!

Yesterday, while DH slept after his midnight shift at the lab, I went out to do the weeks marketing. Along the way, I had to stop and pick-up yarn for two Baker's Dozen squares and of course I had to use my coupon for 40% off one item and 25% off my entire order, so I looked around a bit - trying to get the best value for my meager pittance. I found the yarn for the squares and the I noticed the Loops and Threads now has the big jumbo skeins that will knit an entire blanket with one skein and they had a Neapolitan color variation. Just like the ice cream, strawberry pink, vanilla and yummy chocolate - to good to pass up and I had that coupon, so I'd be saving money (and what may I ask is better than that - that is bragging rights!)

I thought I had completed my shopping and started toward the registers and low and behold right there at check out an entire bin of Stitch Nation on clearance and my favorite color to boot geranium red (just like my gran's flowers.) With coupon I got each skein for 99 cents/skein. It was at this time that the muse appeared and started doing her silly dance - you see I was thinking I'd use this for some of my neck warmers, but the muse had other ideas. There was just enough of the yarn left that I could make myself the Einstein coat from The Knit Stitch book by Sally Melville. The muse is insisting that I use this yarn for myself as it is my color and the perfect amount for the coat. I gave in - the muse was so stinking happy and how often do you get to knit a wool/bamboo blend coat for 10 bucks!!!

Ah - there ain't nothing like a good yarn...... and P.S. I've lost 7 pounds - please do not send them back if you find them wondering the streets. Many thanks!

Peace and joy to you all.....
The Green Girl.

No comments: