Saturday, January 29, 2011

Have Migraine - Will Knit...

Day two of the sinus migraine. Ugh!!!! I had surgery for these 21 years ago - due to sinus infections as a child, the sinus passages on the right side were growing closed - literally I was only breathing out of half of my nose. A little OP surgery and "Bob's me uncle" (which he really is) and I was good as new. Well, as fate would have it the sinus headache returned yesterday full blast!!! It's back today in a somewhat subdued version, but still just the pits to deal with. However, the pain has allowed me to focus on the important task for this weekend - knitting a square for my Baker's Dozen group. Thought I would have it done and sent earlier this week, but no go. It seems that knitting is helping to put my brain and the rest of my body into a gentle numb state - when I stop the headache returns with less ferocity. Have I found a non-drug cure for a sinus migraine??? More testing needs to be done and hopefully I'll finish my square in the process.

OK- back to the knitting therapy....or as they say in the medical world - clinical testing....

Peace and joy to you all......
The Green Girl

1 comment:

Spinster Beth said...

Hope you feel better soon!