Thursday, January 27, 2011

100.....

Hello one and all - This blog post is the Green Girl's 100th posting. I think that's worth a little celebration. Considering that I never thought I'd get past 10 or so, it's a real milestone. Hurrah!!!! However, it must be said that this blog would not exist if not for the outpouring of support that I have received from all of you!!! My sincerest thanks!

So, what's new today, eh??? Well, it is snowing outside - I am watching it fall and cover the ground in a soft beautiful white blanket as I write. I am fully aware that snow is not the friend of many, but for me it always a reminder that things can be cleaned and refreshed. Snow and I go way back - even as a small child I would throw on my many pairs of pants and sweatshirts, coat, boots, mittens, scarf and hat at the first sign of flakes. The snow always seemed to bring a sense of fun and adventure. I am always up for a good adventure. I may not run outside to play in the snow nowadays, but I always go out and stand for a moment and let the flakes fall softly on my face - then I come inside and get a cuppa tea and the knitting. See, there's still fun and adventure when it snows.

One of my latest adventures has been the "Wall." The wall of IKEA Expedit cubes to house and organize my stash, books, and misc crafty stuff. I'm not sure the organizational adventure of arranging everything is over, but it's all off the floor and in the cubes now. Hurrah!!! Now when I look across from my desk I can see my knitting reference books, I can look at the stash bins and see the cards telling me what's in the bin (bins not yet marked in picture.) It feels good, a step in the right direction, it feels like home, a studio that I have dreamed about for years. I could live in this room if DH would bring me food and add on a loo.The cubes continue across the wall and go from floor to ceiling.

Well, it is time to move onto writing the Knitty Scribe blog - this weeks selection will be of great interest to all of my loom knitting  cohorts. Check it out!!!

Peace and joy to you all....
The Green Girl.

No comments: