Saturday, November 6, 2010

Yarn Harlots and Angels...

To say that it has been a rough couple of weeks is to say that hurricane Katrina was just a mild storm. She was not and it has not been an easy couple of weeks. However, as DH husband has told me over the past 29 years, if your legs walk and your lungs breathe on their own when you wake each morning, it's a good day. Too true!!! And then there are the little things that make me smile out of the blue, like the square I finished yesterday for the Baker's Dozen Group. This was an Angel Assignment for another group - the member of the month had no special requests other than the yarn be of a worsted weight. No problems!!!

Yarn Harlot One Row Pattern - I Love This Yarn in Seablue Tweed
So, I'm sitting on the sofa watching Shane in the background with DH.  Shane, is an old Alan Ladd movie and it is one of the three major human stories told in a million ways - "Stranger Comes to Town" or in this case, "Stranger Comes to the Homestead." Well, DH is reading and watching and I'm knitting. Then I just start to laugh to myself - it hits me that I am knitting a Harlot pattern for an Angel assignment. Now I know that the Yarn Harlot has a specific reference to Stephanie Pearl-McPhee and her comedic take on writing about knitting, but it just hit me as funny this juxtaposition of the two words. This is just one of those little things in life that brings about a pleasant moment when the rest of life around you seems to be on a not so pleasant binge. And this was enough to keep me smiling even when I had to frog 10 rows (and I thought I'd get through an entire project with no mishaps - what planet did I think I was on anyway?)

So, what makes you smile???

Peace and joy to you all....
The Green Girl.

No comments: