Monday, November 15, 2010

Presto -Chango... Now the Kntting is in Great Shape......

When last we met, The Green Girl was diligently trying to create an Angel Square for the Baker's Dozen Group. "Try" being the operative word as she frogged the square 12 times. When she finally thought she had it right, she sent out the little blog thread - showing the picture - confident that this would be the last of the frogging and she would be able to complete the square quickly. The best laid plans.....
Original Square - Frogged 13 times!
 It is now Monday of the next week and let's just forget that dark blue square from before shall we. It was kindly frogged for a 13th time and the yarn was put to rest in the stash for later use. No matter what I did it just kept growing and growing all with the same number of stitches. Incredibly frustrating!!!  Maybe for three days I actually lost my knitting juju. Maybe I ticked off the muse and she laid a little curse on my sticks and string. Whatever it was, that square was just not meant to be - no way, no how!!! 
New Square - Yarn: Sensations - Cuddle in Aqua Blue

Back to the stash and there hidden in the back of the last box was this DK weight aqua blue yarn - I think it was meant to be part of baby layette, but what the heck, no babies for me and none on the way that I know of for family and friends so let's give it a whirl for the square. Once again, I switched up  the pattern and from the very start it came out at 12 inches and has not budged once. Yeah - Let's Celebrate This!!!! Presto -Chango and away we go. Note: Last evening I was horribly upset due to our current unemployment status and something that happen at the market to the point of setting off an anxiety attack- never try to knit anything but garter stitch when you are that upset - I had to frog 6 rows (twice) to get back on track and that only happened after the meds kicked in. Oh the things you get thrown in life. Grr.....


Well, I'm slightly past half way on the square and it should go in the mail by Wednesday. It is suppose to end up being part of a shawl, so I hope it works. If  -not the recipient can frog it and make her own pattern - put a fork in me I'm done!!!

The good part of this day occurs in about an hour. A dear friend, Sandy is treating me to a lovely cup of coffee at the local book store as a little cheer-up. She is a precious soul and I'm honored to be her friend.

What are some of your recent knitting escapades????

Peace and joy to you all...
The Green Girl.

No comments: