Friday, June 24, 2011

Scruba Dub Dub...

Yesterday was a day filled with fun, laughter, and food poisoning. Rewind - day started out well (except for the ants, but let's just not go there as it's too depressing.). DH and I went to lunch together at one of our favorite local sandwich shops and then I dropped him at work so that I could keep the car, run errands and go see a friend that is recovering from knee replacement surgery. Forward - I'm standing in line at Walmart after having a major shopping attack in the cotton yarn section of the store. All those colorful little balls of cotton on sale for 1.54$ - no one could pass that up. Oddly enough I had only gone into the store for pasta so that I could try out a new recipe that I've been working up. Well, as I stand there in line I became violently ill - everything started to move in slow motion - sweat starting running down my forehead - then the wave passed and I went to the car with my purchases. As soon as I got back home the next wave hit and I was shall we say indisposed for the next hour. I called off the trip to visit my friend and relaxed for a while sipping tea. Muse never noticed me as she was enthralled by all the new toys I had apparently brought just for her pleasure - aka the new cottons. As soon as I was better, I pulled out a new yarn - Peaches n Cream Ivy League and started to make a Nubbie Scrubbie. This is another dishcloth pattern suggested by my Dish Cloth Swap group.

The cloth lives up to its name as a scrubbie - it is very nubbie. I can see it also being used as a body loofah, but it is too rough for the face or neck.
After completion of the scrubbie it was once again time to go get DH from work. I'm still not feeling 100% this morning, but I believe I'm well on my way back to the living.


Peace and joy to you all....
The Green Girl

1 comment:

Kristine Mullen said...

Hope you recover quickly. Love the dishcloth!