Thursday, June 2, 2011

Feeling a bit Sheep(ish)....

Occasionally something comes along that really gets the muse to doing her happy dance and when the muse is happy, it is usually really infectious. Of course that means that I get the infection. The great thing in this case is that the medication is a trip to the yarn store and several balls of Vickie Howell's new Sheep(ish) yarn line for Caron.

Hot Pink(ish)
This is one of a few times that having an infection is a really good thing. Sheep(ish)  comes in 21 lovely retro colors. With names like Robin Egg(ish) and Plum(ish) - colors that really take me back to my childhood and teen years in the 60's and 70's. The colors are saturated and you just can't help reaching out and touching each lovely colored ball. Sheep(ish) is a combination of 70% acrylic and 30% wool. It is a lovely mid-weight yarn that can be washed in cold water on the gentle cycle and dried flat.



Plum(ish)
As many of you know, knitting is my passion, but as I also crochet, I can see these colors being done up in some fabulous retro granny squares or crocheted beanies with crocheted flowers. Currently the muse and I have our heads together working on the Autumn 2011 line-up for Oz Dust Designs and at least one neck warmer will be made exclusively from Sheep(ish). The color line-up follows the Pantone colors to watch and they will add a lovely pop to our typical Autumn color offerings.

Robin Egg(ish)
This is a small swatch of Robin Egg(ish) knit up on US size 7 rosewood needles. The texture is fantastic and  the feel is soft with no scratchiness at all. I'll be making a swatch project on my Ravelry page for those of you that follow the Green Girl on Ravelry (greengirl7). As I make new swatches in other colors and patterns I'll upload the pictures to that page as well.





Chartreuse(ish)
 Sheep(ish) can be found at your local Joann's and online through Vickie's website (http://vickiehowell.com/). They yarn is very reasonable in price and is great for beginner - advanced knitters and crocheters. So, grab some girlfriends and go for lunch and a little yarn crawl and check out Sheep(ish). I think you'll be very happy with what you find.

Peace and joy to you all...
The Green Girl


Remember you can now follow the Green Girl on your Kindle e-reader. Just go to Amazon.com/kindlestore and type The Green Girl.

5 comments:

Spinster Beth said...

Very retro colors ... makes me want to reminisce about avocado appliances and orange shag!

Greengirl said...

You are right on track, but these colors are amazing and much better.

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this post! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support. :-)--VH

margaret said...

Beautiful yarn! There's such a nice sheen to it. Reminds me of rayon thread (says the quilter). Might just have to make a hat...

Greengirl said...

I think it would be a perfect hat/scarf combo for your new college freshman. Will keep her warm and remind her of her momma everyday.