Monday, June 13, 2011

Monday's Knitter.....

Monday's are interesting days. Sometimes they go as planned, sometimes they throw you a curve, and sometimes they flat out knock you over. I wonder why Mondays are so unpredictable in this predictable way???

Here is Monday's Plan of the Day (POD for those with a military background.)

1) Finish dish cloth number 5 for the annual dish cloth swap.
2) Work for three hours on the new shawl design.
3) Send out two angel squares.
4) Photograph cotton stash for Ravelry group.

Here's how that turned out in the real world.
1) Woke up at 5:00am and fell back to sleep at 6:30am - ended up waking for real at 9:20am. What happened there????
2) Finally got the day going and the laundry started just in time to make DH's midday meal (he works at his lab on 2nd shift now so we have our together meal at midday.)
3) Was well into making a yummy summer garden salad with black beans, when my knife slipped and YOW!!! the fingertip of my middle finger (rt hand) was sliced 3/4 of the way through.
4) Cleaned the finger, added a butterfly stitch from the med kit along with ointment and a large bandage. Put a glove over the hand and finished the meal.
5) Sat down to knit - I had high hopes that the huge bandage would not get in my way. Wrong, wrong, wrong!
6) I was finally able to knit a few rows, but must take breaks to let the throbbing and pain subside.
7) Everything from today's POD will now be moved to tomorrow's POD.The rest of Monday's POD is now canceled.
So, I ask -whose idea was Monday anyway??? Ah well, hopefully there will be many more Monday's to try again. See how I just put a positive spin on this - no need in letting Monday have all the fun. Think I'll go make a cuppa tea and read a good book.

Peace and joy to you all....
The Green Girl

2 comments:

Laurie Larsen said...

Oh no! Are you sure a trip to the ER isn't in order for your POD? I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. Take care.

Greengirl said...

Thanks for the concern - no I think so far so good.