Monday, April 4, 2011

Tick, Tock....

It seems the the time is playing tricks on me once again - I looked yesterday at a calender and found that it was already April. When did that happen? We are one-quarter of the through the year. And the birthdays hit this month - April is a very popular month for babies old and new in this family, including my own. There must have been some very hot July nights in the past, I'm just sayin.

I've been so busy working on the website, the products for the summer fairs, and making the transition to spring that I've accomplished nothing else in my knitty domain. I have finally got the "Big Wash" underway - that's washing and drying all the blankets and comforters from the winter bedding. It can be an all day experience and as happens most times it has become a two day military maneuver. One day this week will be the transitioning of the clothes - out with my beloved winter woolly knits and in with the spring cotton and bamboo.

This lack of time for any personal knitting has left the studio in chaos once again and that has to be sorted this week - I can't live like this another day. Plus, I now have a stack of personal projects. I was married in the same year as Charles and Diana, my oldest niece was a baby at our wedding and she is marrying in the same summer as William and Kate and then I also have my littlest niece Kate. Although Kate the elder is quite lovely, my two girls are the prettiest - yes of course I'm prejudice, I'm the auntie for goodness sake! It is my job to think my girls are the fairest in the land. Anyway, the royal wedding dolls will be knit as a keepsake for my girls. You'll be able to read about my knitting of the forthcoming Royal Wedding on the Knitty Scribe blog later today.

OK - the clock continues to tick and I feel even farther behind now that I seem to have misplaced the month of March. Happy Spring everyone......may the flowers bloom and the birds sing and inspire you all to great knitty heights!!!

Peace and joy to you all....
The Green Girl

No comments: