Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Broken Fingers....

Well, shortly after my last blog, I decided to go and make some fresh whole-veg juice in the Vitamix. Yum!!!! Good for me and helps me keep the veg bin cleaned out as well. Then when I went to clean-up, I dropped the 5lbs Vitamix base on my hand and fingers. Tears, blue air, stars, dead relatives - I saw them all!!! After about a 15 minute rest to compose myself, I gave my hand a good look over and there was no denying that the middle finger on the right hand was either broken or dislodged. Bending and moving were not an option and actually neither was touching - the barest of touches and my pain reflexes went back into overdrive. So, I did the ice thing as best I could, took Tylenol to the maximum dosage and had DH pick-up a finger splint on his way home from work. It was a ghastly day and much to the muse's chagrin, there was no knitting.

The next day it became clear that the finger was displaced. Holy cow this was going to hurt so much when it got forced back into place. Everything just went blank and it felt like I was down for the count. However, finger is now back in place and on the mend. So, since I couldn't knit, I read about knitting. Six books in all. Some novels, some instructional and oh my did that get my juices flowing!!! It just made me want to knit more. It did not help that the muse was dancing around singing her little "whistle while I knit song." I mean talk about rubbing salt in the wound.

This week I have been slowing allowing the finger to come out of the splint - I can knit for about 15-30 minutes and then I can tell that it's back in the brace or back out of the joint, take my pick. So, not getting a huge amount done, but I'm starting that little bear I talked about last week.

Hope you all have a great week.

Peace nad joy to you all.....
The Green Girl.

No comments: